Soroptimist International Osaka (SI Osaka) will be celebrating its 50th anniversary next year thanks to the cooperation and joint efforts of the groups involved and all of you. It is a year of the summarization of the work that we did so far this year.
I would love to do volunteer activities with all members of the organization, following traditions and previous history of our leaders, regardless of age, occupation, or geographical location.
Specifically, I’d like to place emphasis on service and support closely tied to local communities and also to engage in the international volunteer program with our Friendship Link club, based the governor’s guideline, “Women’s and girls’ lives can be improved. The possibilities for women and girls are cherished and promoted by education. We can help people who are viewed as socially weak.”
I am grateful to all of the groups involved and to all of you for your helpful work and sincere understanding, and I would like to ask for your continued support of our organization in the future.
You can take a look at our website and see our volunteer programs, commendation project and the reports of our activities, and if you’d like to get involved as Soroptimist member, please let me know.
President of Soroptimist International Osaka
▲Ｍembers of SI Osaka (Jan.2018)
Club Office S.I. Osaka
RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL
#403 5-3-68 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-0005 Japan
TEL 06-6448-1121(EXT3880) FAX 06-6448-1578
The word Soroptimist comes from the combination of two Latin words “soro” and “optima” -meaning the best for women.
It started in U.S.A. in 1921. Total membership is approximately 90,000 in over 3,165 clubs in 124 countries as of 2007.
Soroptimist International of the Americas
S.I. of Osaka, Committees
– Program Service Committee
– International Goodwill and Understanding Committee
– Awards Committee
– Sponsorship Committee
– Finance Committee
– Laws/Resolution ＆ Soroptimist Orientation/Leadership Training Committee
– Membership Committee
– Public Awareness Committee
– Attendance Committee
– Ways and Means Committee
– Japan Foundation Committee
Soroptimist International of Osaka
– Charter Date: June 2,1970
– Charter Members: 40
List of Service Projects of S.I. of Osaka, Japan (from June 1970 to September 2009)
- Donation 3 benches beside the City Hal
- 40th Anniversary
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka Prefecture)
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka City)
- The 40th anniversary donation as the joint project with Rotary clubs
- Donation to 2010 Special Olympics Summer Games Osaka Japan
- Donating to the electricity tree to the social welfare corporation”ShionSchool”.
- A big gift to Uminoko gakuen Ikeshima home
- One welfare vehicle to mother and child welfare institution “Higashi-sakuraen”
- We approved the World Rose Convention 2006 in OSAKA
- Children’s pool and mesh tent to mother and child welfare institution”Higashi-sakuraen”
- Making of CD-ROM for S.I Osaka 35th anniversary
- 2 cherry trees planting to Nakanoshima Park in Osaka
- Printer for Braille-points to Braille-points children’s Library of Osaka YWCA
- Donation the large-sized washing machines to a social welfare corporation”Irifune-ryo.”
- Donation to Keihan Cord Blood Bank
- Donation to the establishment and training of Japan Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Donation to the construction of Japanese Institute of Anatolia Archaeology(the Middle Eastern Culture Center of Japan).
- Wheelchair-carry-van to Osaka city
- Contribution to remodeling of Osaka Castle as 400TH anniversary
- Solar system clock tower to Osaka Ohgimachi Park
- Black pine tree (15 trees) at Osaka Castle Park.
- 75 rose trees to Osaka Nagai Park to celebrate 75TH anniversary of Soroptimist International.
- Children’s Library to Bacolod city. Philippines with S.I. Bacolod, F.L.
- Donation to Hanshin Great Earthquake Relief Project
- Sculpture to Women’s Hall of Osaka Prefecture
- Donation to Save the Children Foundation
- Drinking Water Pipe Line at Pandan town in Philippines
- 27 wheelchairs to special care nursing homes(2)
- Hearing aid carpet to Kozu Children’s School for the dumb. Together with TV video deck and word-processor.
- TV AND video sets to 5 children’s homes in Osaka city
- I van with lift for wheelchairs for disabled persons
- Wheelchairs(15) to Osaka Senior Citizen’s Health & Welfare Center
- 4 pianos to Women’s Centers in Osaka city (North, West, South and East Districts)
- Program of Musical Healing. 4 upright pianos to Kongo-Colony, Shoshinen, Helen Keller Foundation Peace Dormitory, Kinderhiem-Imagawa-Gakuen
- Baby sitting and caring rooms at Kansai International Airport. (13 rooms)
- Sport Center in Osaka city. Electric Speaker System.
- Clara Group in Siera District, West Africa
- Flower stand-with pole in Osaka Flower Festival
- 2 ambulance cars to Osaka city
- S.I. Osaka 15TH anniversary donation to Osaka prefecture and Osaka city
- Japanese tea house to Taisen Park in Sakai, Osaka
- Scholarship to foreign students in Osaka
- Osaka Children’s Center: Children’s Outdoor Projects Welfare Settlements: TOKO-GAKUEN, ASUNARO, HIBARI
- Welfare settlements: KIBO-NO-IE, SHION-GAKUEN
- Soroptimist’s woods to Osaka city: 15 zelkova trees beside the City Hall
- Craft room of Girl Scout Training Center to Osaka Girl Scout
- Work-capacity evaluation machine to medical department of Osaka City University
Soroptimist International of Osaka
|S.I. of Osaka-Kita||June||1982|
|S.I. of Osaka-Minami||June||1984|
|S.I. of Osaka-Hokuto||June||1985|
|S.I. of Osaka-Naniwa||July||1987|
|S.I. of Sakai||May||1988|
|S.I. of Osaka-Umeda||May||1990|
|S.I. of Osaka-Kadoma||July||1992|
|S.I. of Osaka-Nanba||April||1994|
|S.I. of Osaka-Misasagi||June||1998|
|“S” Club of Otemon High School||October||1989|
|Osaka Venture Club||May||1992|
30TH Anniversary Commemorative Contribution (Mach 2000)
5 camphor trees and an iron arch of rose garden at Osaka Tsurumi Garden.
Furniture to the dormitories of foreign students in Osaka city
Third Tuesday At RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL