International Soroptimist Osaka was created in 1970, under the sponsorship of International Soroptimist Kyoto. Last year, on June 2, 2020, we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the certification of our membership in Soroptimist. Since our own founding, we have certified clubs in Osaka Prefecture, and there are now a total of 14 original offspring clubs and clubs that originated from those secondary clubs, serving in their respective regions.
We had planned to have a ceremony in the year 2020, because we intended to commemorate the 50th anniversary of our certification, and we wanted to express our gratitude to all those who had supported us up to that point. However, we deeply regretted that we had to cancel the ceremony due to the pandemic of the novel coronavirus infection.
2020, which should have been a year for taking new steps into our second half century, was instead a very difficult year for Osaka club members, as it was for everyone on the planet. Under these circumstances, we were greatly encouraged when we received from the International Soroptimist Central Region the gift of a fund to help support the education of female students at universities and vocational schools. This of course delighted the award-winning students. We believe that all of we Soroptimist members need to think about what we can do to improve the lives and opportunities of women and girls whose actions within their communities are circumscribed and who therefore need encouragement. We must also consider how we can help communities that are affected by such events as earthquakes and other natural disasters. While the services we can offer
directly are limited, this expanding circle of service, which has been supported within the Osaka Club by the senior members who have nurtured it throughout its 50-year history, serves as an illuminating light for us, today’s members. Although the world now faces difficult times, we believe that we can see rays of hope, and we members all want to continue our work together.
We appreciate your understanding and your cooperation with us.
We thank the medical professionals for their steadfast work and pray that this infectious disease will be resolved as soon as possible, so that we can return again to our peaceful lives.
▲Ｍembers of SI Osaka (Jan.2020)
Club Office S.I. Osaka
RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL
#403 5-3-68 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-0005 Japan
TEL 06-6448-1121(EXT3880) FAX 06-6448-1578
The word Soroptimist comes from the combination of two Latin words “soro” and “optima” -meaning the best for women.
It started in U.S.A. in 1921. Total membership is approximately 90,000 in over 3,165 clubs in 124 countries as of 2007.
Soroptimist International of the Americas
S.I. of Osaka, Committees
– Program Service Committee
– International Goodwill and Understanding Committee
– Awards Committee
– Sponsorship Committee
– Finance Committee
– Laws/Resolution ＆ Soroptimist Orientation/Leadership Training Committee
– Membership Committee
– Public Awareness Committee
– Attendance Committee
– Ways and Means Committee
– Japan Foundation Committee
Soroptimist International of Osaka
– Charter Date: June 2,1970
– Charter Members: 40
List of Service Projects of S.I. of Osaka, Japan (from June 1970 to September 2009)
- Donation 3 benches beside the City Hal
- 40th Anniversary
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka Prefecture)
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka City)
- The 40th anniversary donation as the joint project with Rotary clubs
- Donation to 2010 Special Olympics Summer Games Osaka Japan
- Donating to the electricity tree to the social welfare corporation”ShionSchool”.
- A big gift to Uminoko gakuen Ikeshima home
- One welfare vehicle to mother and child welfare institution “Higashi-sakuraen”
- We approved the World Rose Convention 2006 in OSAKA
- Children’s pool and mesh tent to mother and child welfare institution”Higashi-sakuraen”
- Making of CD-ROM for S.I Osaka 35th anniversary
- 2 cherry trees planting to Nakanoshima Park in Osaka
- Printer for Braille-points to Braille-points children’s Library of Osaka YWCA
- Donation the large-sized washing machines to a social welfare corporation”Irifune-ryo.”
- Donation to Keihan Cord Blood Bank
- Donation to the establishment and training of Japan Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Donation to the construction of Japanese Institute of Anatolia Archaeology(the Middle Eastern Culture Center of Japan).
- Wheelchair-carry-van to Osaka city
- Contribution to remodeling of Osaka Castle as 400TH anniversary
- Solar system clock tower to Osaka Ohgimachi Park
- Black pine tree (15 trees) at Osaka Castle Park.
- 75 rose trees to Osaka Nagai Park to celebrate 75TH anniversary of Soroptimist International.
- Children’s Library to Bacolod city. Philippines with S.I. Bacolod, F.L.
- Donation to Hanshin Great Earthquake Relief Project
- Sculpture to Women’s Hall of Osaka Prefecture
- Donation to Save the Children Foundation
- Drinking Water Pipe Line at Pandan town in Philippines
- 27 wheelchairs to special care nursing homes(2)
- Hearing aid carpet to Kozu Children’s School for the dumb. Together with TV video deck and word-processor.
- TV AND video sets to 5 children’s homes in Osaka city
- I van with lift for wheelchairs for disabled persons
- Wheelchairs(15) to Osaka Senior Citizen’s Health & Welfare Center
- 4 pianos to Women’s Centers in Osaka city (North, West, South and East Districts)
- Program of Musical Healing. 4 upright pianos to Kongo-Colony, Shoshinen, Helen Keller Foundation Peace Dormitory, Kinderhiem-Imagawa-Gakuen
- Baby sitting and caring rooms at Kansai International Airport. (13 rooms)
- Sport Center in Osaka city. Electric Speaker System.
- Clara Group in Siera District, West Africa
- Flower stand-with pole in Osaka Flower Festival
- 2 ambulance cars to Osaka city
- S.I. Osaka 15TH anniversary donation to Osaka prefecture and Osaka city
- Japanese tea house to Taisen Park in Sakai, Osaka
- Scholarship to foreign students in Osaka
- Osaka Children’s Center: Children’s Outdoor Projects Welfare Settlements: TOKO-GAKUEN, ASUNARO, HIBARI
- Welfare settlements: KIBO-NO-IE, SHION-GAKUEN
- Soroptimist’s woods to Osaka city: 15 zelkova trees beside the City Hall
- Craft room of Girl Scout Training Center to Osaka Girl Scout
- Work-capacity evaluation machine to medical department of Osaka City University
Soroptimist International of Osaka
|S.I. of Osaka-Kita||June||1982|
|S.I. of Osaka-Minami||June||1984|
|S.I. of Osaka-Hokuto||June||1985|
|S.I. of Osaka-Naniwa||July||1987|
|S.I. of Sakai||May||1988|
|S.I. of Osaka-Umeda||May||1990|
|S.I. of Osaka-Kadoma (ended in 2017)||July||1992|
|S.I. of Osaka-Nanba||April||1994|
|S.I. of Osaka-Misasagi (ended in 2017)||June||1998|
|“S” Club of Otemon High School (ended in 2017)||October||1989|
|Osaka Venture Club (ended in 2017)||May||1992|
30TH Anniversary Commemorative Contribution (Mach 2000)
5 camphor trees and an iron arch of rose garden at Osaka Tsurumi Garden.
Furniture to the dormitories of foreign students in Osaka city
Third Tuesday At RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL