Soroptimist International of Osaka（SIOsaka）was created in 1970 by a sponsor of Soroptimist International of Kyoto. During the last 50 years, we certified 9 original clubs in Osaka prefecture. Now 19 clubs, including offspring of those nine clubs and clubs founded by the offspring are all active in the area. We celebrated the 50th anniversary of our certification on June 2, 2020.We had planned to hold the 50th anniversary celebration and banquet on May12th. The celebration had been announced and preparation had been made, and we had a lot of registration from sister clubs. Unfortunately, we had to cancel this event because of an upsurge in coronavirus pandemic infections. We would like to thank the 527 people who attended the commemorative charity dinner concert held on December 20th of last year. We are very grateful for the success of the event. The banquet associated with this charity event was held on a smaller scale than originally planned, with attendance limited to members of SIOsaka. We made a 50th Anniversary donation to each of our support recipients and public facilities, including a fund in Osaka Prefecture ,social support bodies in the City of Osaka, and to an international medical organization.
Our 51th years has started, finding us facing this pandemic and considering how to deal with it. It is important for us to continue to work for the reforms required by the times we live in. We must cherish the circle of service created for the sake of their local communities by the club’s founders. Their task and ours is to continue to improve the lives of women and girls. However, we never lose site of the fact that we, ourselves, obtain a sense of fulfillment that is the result of our service to others.
We hope that each member will keep in mind the importance of this task, will learn from and cooperate with each other to overcome the problems faced by
women, and continue our important activities.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation with this ever-important project.
We would like thank all the medical staff who have been on the “front lines” during the Covid crisis. We pray that this infectious disease will be brought under control as soon as possible and that peaceful everyday life will return to us all.
President of Soroptimist International
▲Ｍembers of SI Osaka (Jan.2020)
Club Office S.I. Osaka
RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL
#403 5-3-68 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-0005 Japan
TEL 06-6448-1121(EXT3880) FAX 06-6448-1578
The word Soroptimist comes from the combination of two Latin words “soro” and “optima” -meaning the best for women.
It started in U.S.A. in 1921. Total membership is approximately 90,000 in over 3,165 clubs in 124 countries as of 2007.
Soroptimist International of the Americas
S.I. of Osaka, Committees
– Program Service Committee
– International Goodwill and Understanding Committee
– Awards Committee
– Sponsorship Committee
– Finance Committee
– Laws/Resolution ＆ Soroptimist Orientation/Leadership Training Committee
– Membership Committee
– Public Awareness Committee
– Attendance Committee
– Ways and Means Committee
– Japan Foundation Committee
Soroptimist International of Osaka
– Charter Date: June 2,1970
– Charter Members: 40
List of Service Projects of S.I. of Osaka, Japan (from June 1970 to September 2009)
- Donation 3 benches beside the City Hal
- 40th Anniversary
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka Prefecture)
- 40th Anniversary Donation (Osaka City)
- The 40th anniversary donation as the joint project with Rotary clubs
- Donation to 2010 Special Olympics Summer Games Osaka Japan
- Donating to the electricity tree to the social welfare corporation”ShionSchool”.
- A big gift to Uminoko gakuen Ikeshima home
- One welfare vehicle to mother and child welfare institution “Higashi-sakuraen”
- We approved the World Rose Convention 2006 in OSAKA
- Children’s pool and mesh tent to mother and child welfare institution”Higashi-sakuraen”
- Making of CD-ROM for S.I Osaka 35th anniversary
- 2 cherry trees planting to Nakanoshima Park in Osaka
- Printer for Braille-points to Braille-points children’s Library of Osaka YWCA
- Donation the large-sized washing machines to a social welfare corporation”Irifune-ryo.”
- Donation to Keihan Cord Blood Bank
- Donation to the establishment and training of Japan Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Donation to the construction of Japanese Institute of Anatolia Archaeology(the Middle Eastern Culture Center of Japan).
- Wheelchair-carry-van to Osaka city
- Contribution to remodeling of Osaka Castle as 400TH anniversary
- Solar system clock tower to Osaka Ohgimachi Park
- Black pine tree (15 trees) at Osaka Castle Park.
- 75 rose trees to Osaka Nagai Park to celebrate 75TH anniversary of Soroptimist International.
- Children’s Library to Bacolod city. Philippines with S.I. Bacolod, F.L.
- Donation to Hanshin Great Earthquake Relief Project
- Sculpture to Women’s Hall of Osaka Prefecture
- Donation to Save the Children Foundation
- Drinking Water Pipe Line at Pandan town in Philippines
- 27 wheelchairs to special care nursing homes(2)
- Hearing aid carpet to Kozu Children’s School for the dumb. Together with TV video deck and word-processor.
- TV AND video sets to 5 children’s homes in Osaka city
- I van with lift for wheelchairs for disabled persons
- Wheelchairs(15) to Osaka Senior Citizen’s Health & Welfare Center
- 4 pianos to Women’s Centers in Osaka city (North, West, South and East Districts)
- Program of Musical Healing. 4 upright pianos to Kongo-Colony, Shoshinen, Helen Keller Foundation Peace Dormitory, Kinderhiem-Imagawa-Gakuen
- Baby sitting and caring rooms at Kansai International Airport. (13 rooms)
- Sport Center in Osaka city. Electric Speaker System.
- Clara Group in Siera District, West Africa
- Flower stand-with pole in Osaka Flower Festival
- 2 ambulance cars to Osaka city
- S.I. Osaka 15TH anniversary donation to Osaka prefecture and Osaka city
- Japanese tea house to Taisen Park in Sakai, Osaka
- Scholarship to foreign students in Osaka
- Osaka Children’s Center: Children’s Outdoor Projects Welfare Settlements: TOKO-GAKUEN, ASUNARO, HIBARI
- Welfare settlements: KIBO-NO-IE, SHION-GAKUEN
- Soroptimist’s woods to Osaka city: 15 zelkova trees beside the City Hall
- Craft room of Girl Scout Training Center to Osaka Girl Scout
- Work-capacity evaluation machine to medical department of Osaka City University
Soroptimist International of Osaka
|S.I. of Osaka-Kita||June||1982|
|S.I. of Osaka-Minami||June||1984|
|S.I. of Osaka-Hokuto||June||1985|
|S.I. of Osaka-Naniwa||July||1987|
|S.I. of Sakai||May||1988|
|S.I. of Osaka-Umeda||May||1990|
|S.I. of Osaka-Kadoma (ended in 2017)||July||1992|
|S.I. of Osaka-Nanba||April||1994|
|S.I. of Osaka-Misasagi (ended in 2017)||June||1998|
|“S” Club of Otemon High School (ended in 2017)||October||1989|
|Osaka Venture Club (ended in 2017)||May||1992|
30TH Anniversary Commemorative Contribution (Mach 2000)
5 camphor trees and an iron arch of rose garden at Osaka Tsurumi Garden.
Furniture to the dormitories of foreign students in Osaka city
Third Tuesday At RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL